7 Things You Can Do Right Now to Protect Kids from Food Marketing
1. Hook up with Food MythBusters: Join our list to stay in touch and take action on harmful food marketing to kids and to be a part of the movement for good, healthy food for all.
2. Create a brand-free kitchen: Serve your family real food: whole food, fresh food, healthy food and get brands out of your kitchen. For some great real-food-no-brand resources, check out the recipes at 100 Days of Real Food.
3. Let’s Retire Ronald: Connect with Corporate Accountability International and the campaign to get McDonalds out of hospitals and Ronald out of our kids’ lives.
4. Cut the Soda: The 39 grams of sugar in a can of Coca-Cola aren’t good for you, or the planet. Cut out the soda–save money, feel better, and lose weight. Watch Center for Science in the Public Interest‘s The Real Bears for more on soda’s effects on our health.
5. Be a School Sleuth: If you have children in schools, check out what’s happening to promote healthy eating and get junk food marketing out. Visit ChangeLab’s website for ideas for “model” wellness policies if your school’s could be improved.
6. Tell Nickelodeon to Cut Out the Marketing: Join the campaign to get Nickelodeon to stop using its cartoon characters to hook kids on junk food.