Sugary Drinks FACTS: Food Advertising to Children and Teens Score
Young people are being exposed to a massive amount of marketing for sugary drinks, such as full-calorie soda, sports drinks, energy drinks, and fruit drinks. The study is the most comprehensive assessment of sugary drink nutrition and marketing ever conducted. The data show that companies marketing sugary drinks target young people, especially black and Hispanic youth.
The Rudd Center for Food Policy and Obesity has been busy compiling data with health researchers on how fast food, cereal and beverage products are marketed to youth. The result? A series of solid reports filled with careful research and thoughtful analysis. Check out the links below to learn more about the companies, products, nutrition, marketing techniques, and the science behind the FACTS.
Calificación de la Publicidad de Alimentos Para Niños y Adolescentes: Descargar el PDF
The Rudd Center has also developed a whole lineup of great fact sheets:
- Food Marketing Facts – handout for parents
- Gatorade TV Advertising Targeting Teens
- School Bus Advertising
- Cereal FACTS Report Summary
- Fast Food FACTS Report Summary
- Counting Calories in Kids Meals
- Fast Food Marketing 360° Briefs
- Fast Food Targeted Marketing
- Sugary Drink FACTS Report Summary
- Marketing Energy Drinks to Adolescents
- Sugary Drink Marketing 360° Briefs
- Sugary Drink Targeted Marketing
Learn more about the Rudd Center’s research on food marketing to youth.